• Shanklin, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
Hose Rhodes Dickson are looking to appoint a Trainee Lettings Negotiator to join their team.
They are the largest independent estate agents on the Isle of Wight and are located in multiple offices across the island including Newport, Cowes, Ryde, Bembridge, Shanklin and Ventnor. They are experienced and knowledgeable and pride themselves on providing a professional service.
- IT –
- A willingness to learn HRD systems and software as required;
- Update practical knowledge of Microsoft software, particularly Word and Excel (including the ability to design and manipulate spreadsheets), as required. Also including Rightmove and all other software use by the Company.
- Planning and organising –
- Manage, plan and organise diary and customer appointment and contact.
- Business Development –
- Qualify applicants to determine property requirements and applicant suitability;
- Match applicant property requirements to available properties and vice versa;
- Make appointments for property viewings;
- Once appropriate experience is gained – conduct property viewings with suitable. qualified applicants;
- Once appropriate experience gained – invite and negotiate tenancy applications in line with Company policies and procedures and office and personal targets.
- Compliance –
- To follow Company systems, policy and procedures to ensure compliance with pertinent legislation and regulations.
- Communication –
- Write emails, letters clearly, concisely and and persuasively using correct grammar and accurate spelling;
- Speak clearly and converse with a wide range of individuals;
- Use the telephone confidently;
- Respond to all communications received.
- Administration/Business Skills –
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of applicants, tenants and landlords;
- Maintain excellent HRD public image through professional presentation of the office, themselves, negotiators and cars at all times.
- Mobility –
- Must have a full clean driving license.
- A good level of Maths and English would be desirable;
- No Specific qualifications required.
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- Good IT skills;
- Numeracy skills;
- Be able to create and maintain good internal and external customer relationships;
- Create confidence in others;
- Ability to work effectively within a team;
- Typing skills;
- Ability to work on own;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload;
- Adhering to Health & Safety protocols;
- Commitment and dedication.
- Ability to act professionally at all times;
- Have a personal drive;
- Take responsibility for your own personal career and business development;
- A willingness to complete training and attain qualifications with the industries regulatory body ARLA and develop a particular knowledge of letting business on the Isle of Wight;
- Calm and objective;
- Enthusiasm for education;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- Candidates will need to have achieved maths and English at GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English before completing the qualification.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 15 months.
- £5 per hour
- Monday – Friday
- 8:30am – 5:30pm
- 9am – 4pm
- This position requires the post holder to work every Saturday.
- As soon as possible.