• Wroxall, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
Wroxall Primary School are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join the team.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
In order to achieve this Apprenticeship, candidates must demonstrate that they meet the relevant stated outcomes and have acquired the required knowledge, skills and behaviours. Occupational competence will be demonstrated through regular on-programme assessment of progress and a mandatory end-point assessment.
The main role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress. Promoting self-belief, social inclusion and a high self-esteem play an integral part to pupils’ well-being; ensuring pupils thrive in a positive, nurturing, safe environment. It is an active role supporting the learner to access the curriculum. They are good role models, act with honesty and integrity, take part in team meetings; contribute to planning and class activities.
Main Duties will include:
- Support for Pupils:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters;
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning,
- Establish good relationships with pupils acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs,
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils,
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher,
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Support for Teachers:
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils’ work,
- Be aware of pupil problems / progress / achievements and report to the teacher as agreed,
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested,
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate,
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed,
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money, etc.
- Support for the Curriculum:
- Support the pupils to understand instructions,
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3 and early years as directed by the teacher,
- Support pupils in suing basic ICT as directed,
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
- Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person,
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop,
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school,
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals,
Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required,
Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required,
Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtime,
Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
You will have the full support of senior staff in training for the above duties.
- Would ideally have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Communication skills,
- IT literate,
- Good work ethic.
- Attention to detail,
- Keen interest in Teaching,
- Able to work on individual tasks,
- Be able to set a high standard as a role model for the children,
- Flexible approach to work,
- Friendly with a professional communications/customer service approach.
- You will undertake the Level 2 / 3 Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship Standard – you will be required to work towards you qualification whilst working – gaining valuable knowledge and skills – you will also be required to attend off the job training workshops,
- You will also be required to undertake English and Maths functions skills if required,
- Additional training to be undertaken in keeping with the requirements of the role and school.
- National Apprenticeship Wage.
- Monday – Friday,
- Term time,
- 8:30 am – 4pm,
- Includes 30 minutes for lunch,
- 35 hours per week.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
Possible Start Date:
- March / April 2019.
Enquire about this vacancy
Post expires at 5:00pm on Thursday March 21st, 2019